Friday, February 25, 2011

Baskets for the first time.

Tomorrow I will Get to play disc golf into real target baskets for the first time. Trees, poles, bins and other targets have served me well for my first few years of playing, but now I am going to experience "The Real Thing"I have tried to research what differences I will experience.

It seems to be the consensus that it is much more difficult, but that the rewards of hearing the chains is worth it. It is also the first time I will be playing against people who have experience at a level that is beyond what we play. I expect we will have a steep learning curve.


It is also a wonderful opportunity to share team spirit with our learners. As you may know from my blog, I believe Play is a wonderful teachable opportunity and this entire trip is being conducted in a spirit of play.
It is a chance to share and communicate with our boys and reach their hearts.

When you share a time of Play, the learners are more likely to take you seriously when you want to share a word of truth in their lives.

I will report next week on how the trip went.


David

No comments:

Post a Comment